Blogs, Websites for inspiration and information
Rebecca Katz - Founder of Healing Kitchens Institute - www.rebeccakatz.com
Catherine McConkie and The Caregivers Table - Nourishment for the clinical caregiver
Jo Cessna - Ideas, culinary tips, recipes for the everyday cook - jocessnacooks.com
Cynthia Lair - Improv Actor, Chef & Nutrition Professor at Bastyr - CookusInterruptus
Darya Rose - author of Foodist Kitchen where you can learn to cook without recipes and develop healthy habits and blog summertomato.com
Nourished Kitchen: Reviving Traditional Foods - nourishedkitchen.com
Julie Negrin - Culinary and Nutrition Educator www.julienegrin.com
The Kitchn is a daily food magazine on the Web celebrating life in the kitchen through home cooking and kitchen intelligence. www.thekitchn.com
- The Cancer Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery. 2nd edition
- Clean Soups: Simple, Nourishing Recipes for Health and Vitality
- The Healthy Mind Cookbook: Big-Flavor Recipes to Enhance Brain Function, Mood, Memory and Mental Clarity
- The Longevity Kitchen: Satisfying Big-Flavor Recipes Featuring the Top 16 Age-Busting Power Foods
- One Bite at a Time: Nourishing Recipes for Cancer Survivors and Their Friends
Also check out Rebecca's online courses.
Andrew Weil, MD
- True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
- Fast Food, Good Food: More Than 150 Quick and Easy Ways to Put Healthy, Delicious Food on the Table
- Feeding the Young Athlete: Sports Nutrition Made Easy for Players, Parents, and Coaches
- Feeding the Whole Family: Recipes for Babies, Young Children, and Their Parents
Laura B. Russell
- Brassicas: Cooking the World's Healthiest Vegetables: Kale, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts and More
- The Gluten-Free Asian Kitchen: Recipes for Noodles, Dumplings, Sauces, and More
- The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America's Most Imaginative Chefs
- The Vegetarian Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity with Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, and More, Based on the Wisdom of Leading American Chefs
Good & Cheap: Eat Well for $4/Day by Leanne Brown - Non-profits can order this book for $5 each.
Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Havard Medicial School Guide to Healthy Eating by Walter C. Willett, MD
Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight without Dieting by Darya Pino Rose, Ph.D
Organizations and Institutions
Resources for kids and teens
Readers to Eaters - Good Reads & Good Eats. Whether publishing, organizing events, or bookselling — we promote conversations about growing, cooking and eating food
Edible Schoolyard - The Edible Schoolyard Network connects educators around the world to build and share a K-12 edible education curriculum
Super Food Cards - A cooking class on a card. This packet contains simple tools you need to create a healthier life
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
Wholesome Wave empowers under-served consumers to make healthier food choices by increasing affordable access to fresh, local food.
Super Food Drive (include facilitator's guide) national program
EatFresh (English and Spanish recipes and resources on a budget)
Leanne Brown - author of Good & Cheap (and also in Spanish Bueno Y Barato)- free download of book
Local (Bay Area)
Leah's Pantry - Workshops and resources to build your nutrition program in the Bay Area, San Diego, and throughout California.
SF-Marin Food Bank - Our mission is to end hunger in San Francisco and Marin.
CUESA (Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture) is dedicated to cultivating a sustainable food system through the operation of farmers markets and educational programs.
SF Farmer's Markets
18 Reasons Empowering our community with the confidence and creativity to buy, cook and eat good food everyday.
Natural Chef Culinary Programs
Natural Gourmet Institute - Natural Gourmet Institute provides exceptional, innovative and interdisciplinary health-supportive culinary education.
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine is leading the transformation of health care by creating, educating, and actively supporting a community that embodies the philosophy and practice of healing-oriented medicine, addressing mind, body and spirit. The Center was founded in 1994 by Dr. Andrew Weil, and has focused its efforts in three domains: education, clinical care and research. The Center was built upon the premise that the best way to change a field is to educate the most gifted professionals and place them in settings where they can, in turn, teach others.
Center for Mind Body Medicine - The Center for Mind-Body Medicine creates communities of hope and healing. We use evidence-based strategies for relieving stress, transforming trauma, and promoting lifelong health.
Gables Institute -A Nonprofit advocating natural strategies balanced with conventional medicine
Kaiser Permanente's Thrive Together - and Facebook page - Discover different ways that you and your family can thrive with these various health-related articles and stories..
Sutter Health's Healthy Living Blog and Facebook page - articles and tips for healthy living.
Bastyr University - Leading innovation in natural health education
Hawthorn University - a Leader in Online Holistic Nutrition Education
Maryland University of Integrative Health - Bridging Ancient Wisdom and Contemporary Science -Formerly Tai Sophia Institute, MUIH is an accredited graduate school with an academic and clinical focus on health and wellness.
Cooking Equipment Resources
Favorite Teaching Tools
Please Note: Healing Kitchens, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Associates Affiliate Program. This means that when you purchase something from the links above, you will not pay more, but we will get a small commission, which helps us conduct our programs. Thank you for your support!